Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wk 2 Publishing/Leadership project part 2 of 3: Presenting


When looking for a possible idea for publication, I came across this conference. I had gone to the TI:ME website to see if they had a publication. This was posted on the front page of the website.

I am a little nervous about the possibility of speaking in front of my fellow music teachers. I still think of myself as being relatively young. People that present at conferences are leaders in their field and have been teaching for years. How could I possibly present? Then I remember how old I really am and not the age that I tell everyone (29). It floors me just how many years have passed. I've been teaching for fifteen years now. Perhaps I do have something to teach other teachers? This would be a really great conference.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I have your exact same fear. I am confident in my work and think I did a good job on my AR report, but I don’t feel I’ve earned the teacher credits to be able to go tell other teachers what they should be doing. I’ve only been teaching for four years, although I taught training courses in my previous job. My fear is that teachers would look at me as the young technology kid that wants to destroy their way of teaching.

    When School Loop (CMS) rolled out in our district, I was chosen to facilitate its implementation in the English department at our school. It was my first year teaching. It’s funny how technology is instantly linked to youth. The past four years I have done everything I can to turn the attitudes of many of my colleagues around. I can’t imagine doing that in a room full of strangers. I have made much progress and have agendas waiting in the wings, but will stick to a traditional write-up for this project.

    ReplyDelete