Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wk 3 Publishing/Leadership Project part 3 of 3: Stressing Out


I am really nervous about my choice to present. It seemed like the right choice considering I love to hear myself talk and really don't feel as though I am a good writer. That said, if I wrote a paper, I would be done once the paper was written. That is certainly compelling. I may end up doing both. I will continue with the presentation since I'm already in that mindset.

I do feel as though I wasn't given enough time to produce a quality presentation. If only we had been given this project last month with the due date in this month. That way I could have had more time to work on the project.

Here is a link to what I've got done so far:
Publishing/Leadership Presentation

3 comments:

  1. Kelly I am very nervous also. I am writing an article and I am working on a Keynote because I have separate avenues I want to pursue. I, too, would like more time to produce a quality manuscript. I am writing a children's book and already almost two years into it. It's a simple book, but I want it to be perfect and I am illustrating it as well.

    Due to the time I have committed to FSO, there has been very little work done on it over the past year! Anyway, we will make it.

    Good luck. I am sure you will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly,

    I have really enjoyed seeing the work you've done for AR all throughout the last year.

    I also share your frustrations regarding the timing. I think it would have been nice to know that this was coming down the pipe--even if we couldn't have started working on it right away, it would of helped to have had the frame of reference as we set up our AR and data collection.

    That said, I think that you have a great presentation. It's engaging and easy to follow. I think a lot of teachers would like to know about this Recorder Hero idea, and you explain it very clearly. (I love the choir of angels thing. Hilarious!)

    I have a couple of suggestions that you might want to consider:
    1. Do you have any data? Number of Recorder Heroes this year compared to Blackbelts in the past? Quotes from students?
    2. Could you show some examples from your web page? You did so many cool things to help students practice. They are engaging and entertaining, so an audience at a presentation would love them, but they are also very informative as to how you helped students become more effective practicers.

    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Therese,

    This was the first year that I tried Recorder Hero. I have never used Recorder Karate in the past so I don't have any data on that. I suppose that I could look at student grades from the past to see how they did. I am using the same book, It's Recorder Time, with my students so all the music that we are learning comes from that book.

    ReplyDelete