Tuesday, May 25, 2010

wk 4 comment on Steve Mohler's Blog

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Wk 4 - DB 2 Dream Job? - Maybe later

What stands between me and my dream job? Economic issues, location, and commitments are barriers.. I live in a small rural town and have been here for a number of years. I prefer the big city life much more but circumstances keep me here. I feel that I am a very creative person and have lots of visionary insight that can be used in many areas of the arts. But, due to my location those gifts are not used to their fullest and when they are used they are taken for granted by small minded, small town mentality. Twenty years ago I probably would have felt more inclined to say that I deserve a dream job. But as I near my retirement from education I suffice to finish out my time here. Perhaps after retirement, in my next life I can find a better outlet for my gifts.

1 comments:

Kelly McKinley said...

Steve, from what you've told me about what you've done in your small town, I would guess that many students and parents do NOT take you for granted. I know that it is so easy to get down when you hear one snide comment. I know that happens to me a lot. However, what you need to hold onto is the difference that you've made in the lives of your many students. After hearing about all you've done in your district, I don't think that your talents are being wasted at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment